Thursday, April 06, 2006

THe Bouquet Tragedy

'The perfect day for romance',
Said the day's prediction.
Thrilled by cupid's glance,
Thanked for the divine benediction.

A brief flashback -
I had seen a human rose
In the bazaar, few days back
All beauty packed in one face!

Striking a stylish stance
I sent my eyes behind the Miss.
Longed only for a fleeting glance,
Was never greedy for a kiss.

Haunted, by romance ,and beset
Enduring love I did possess.
Fearing the violence it may beget,
never had the courage to profess.

For,she had a brother,elder and reckless,
He seemed to have energy in excess.
Hence this blithe spirit was taken aback.
End flashback.

Now with hope new and zeal fresh,
I saw a chance;
Call it love or crush,
To carry forward and enhance.

With brain cells not adequately grey,
Planning was ever a strife.
Neverthless desired to be in the fray,
Believing,an idea could change my life.

In troubled times I turn to my pal.
In love matters,he was an ace
After a gentle stroll,
ruled that I was a novice.

O'er a steaming cup o' coffee,
On romance,he gave many a funda,
With a pencil and eraser (dust free)
Added point by point to my agenda.

'Wipe that stupid grin off the face',he said.
'Take bath before you meet',he advised.
'Your hair is too long',he observed.
lengthy locks,it seems,girls despised.

The choicest bouquet I bought
In each flower and petal,stuck my heart.
Hundred different attire I had to try,
before settling for a suit and a bow-tie.

Like an arrow,I set off
At her entrance had to call off!
For,in clear words,he dint tell,
Whether I sh'd softly knock the door,or ring the bell.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey this is a really super peice

April 10, 2006 11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is really a good peice man

keep it up and running

April 10, 2006 11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we know that friends are to be trusted
but so blindly..not a good idea...
coz gurls love long locks
done stylishly long and gelled
or else y wud they die for John Abraham???
in love matters u trust ur own instincts and none else
i hope this is a lesson well learnt...
peace!!!!

April 11, 2006 7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

learn...Oh great writer
that in matters of the heart trust not even ur alter
and for a starter
gurls unfailingly think the longer d locks of hair the better

Oh mighty one..
dont forget to look within your heart next time around
something there might just be helpful even though ur brain is inadequately bestowed with grey

And by now i know u know what to do
the next time u come to the entrance door!!!

April 11, 2006 1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, keep going

April 16, 2006 12:38 PM  
Blogger The Regular Joe said...

C.Srinivasan:Glad you liked it.

Anonymous: "gurls love long locks
done stylishly long and gelled" .I have learnt my lesson.

April 17, 2006 5:31 AM  
Blogger The Regular Joe said...

Vidhya:Ya.I know what to do.Toss a coin.

Chintu:Thank you.

April 17, 2006 6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say to any gal who would own me... "Kiss me for that longer second... I'll breathe in it forever".... Dear friend... the longer second matters .. and matters forever...

April 17, 2006 10:46 AM  
Blogger The Regular Joe said...

Santu:Yes,true.If only I can get to that level of intimacy.....

BTW,welcome.

April 17, 2006 8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking on a different plane... would intimacy have gradations? And could it be termed mutually acceptable levels of expressing lust? Or is intimacy purely imaginative? Lovable pleasurable yet sometimes painful [:)] emotional indulgence?
When sometimes to the mind it occurs, how much would she love me?
Often comes the questions, how much I am inevitable to she.
Inevitable? Yeah that's the word.
Unimaginable should be, without me - her world.
In mind sure..

Emotions, bonding and all of those imaginative deception we give to ourselves I would feel often get us unreal, and when something "real" happens - we can't bear to see that happenning to unreality :) How many times have I listened to guys saying "how much I loved her?? and still she could do this to me... " or gals ..."why is it that when someone claiming me so inevitable in his life... should totally desert me at the turn-down of his request for my life.."

Well I dont know if my point is clear... Hope RJ would get it.

April 18, 2006 11:30 AM  
Blogger The Regular Joe said...

Santu:RJ's meagre endowments in the cerebral area have been exhausted trying to comprehend santu's emotionally rich words.

All RJ can do in return is but thank for the tenth comment.This is my first.

April 18, 2006 8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i should admit.. they were not emotionally rich.. I should say .. "raw"

April 19, 2006 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home