Thursday, September 24, 2015

Woohoo!!

Today, I cannot contain
my boundless joy.

I walk,
hands in pocket,
a heavy smile pasted on my face,
but I don't mind.

On a sunlit road,
I struggle not to dance,
but step on imaginary patterns -
a couple forward and a step back;
a brief pause appended
by a side step.

I shriek an old tune
landing on the wrong pitch,
snip some lyrics
and add my own words.

I tip my hat, now and then,
for a thirsty mongrel.

Tempting it is,
to loop my hands with strangers
and have a quick goofy dance
or try a prank on clueless victims
and flee the scene.

2 Comments:

Blogger Saara said...

Thanks for visiting... You write really well.. :)

September 29, 2015 7:28 PM  
Blogger The Regular Joe said...

Hey thanks!

October 11, 2015 7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home